If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (859) 572-4920

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Preventing Fires in the Bathroom

11/2/2019 (Permalink)

When you think of how fires can start, you probably don’t think about them starting in the bathroom.  The bathroom is a very popular room in the house and there are some things you can do to help make this room safer.

  • Curling irons and hair dryers are common tools used in the bathroom.  Check the wires and cords and make sure they are undamaged, and throw away any damaged or broken appliances. 
  • Make sure the appliances are far enough away from a water source
  • Unplug appliances when not in use, and never leave the bathroom when appliances are on. 

Exhaust fans are also very common in most bathrooms in the home and in some commercial properties.  They are used to help eliminate odor, help prevent steamed up mirrors and damp walls, and fogged windows.  But if the fans are not cleaned and maintained properly they can present a potential fire hazard. The fans can collect dust and lint over time which can then cause the motor to overheat and ignite the lint.  It is important to clean your exhaust fans on a regular basis to prevent a fire. 

 If your home should experience a fire SERVPRO of Campbell County has the proper tools and expertise to remove the odor and to help put the damage behind you so that return to your normal activities.  Call SERVPRO of Campbell County today (859) 572-4920

Other News

View Recent Posts